Saturday, October 17, 2015

Surrender



Imagine letting go - of everything - of everything on your mind, your life agenda, at your work, at your home, everything.

What would happen if you did that? What would happen if we all did that? What would your life be like, what would our world be like?

Can you do it? Can you feel the freedom, the joy, the peace, the total exhilaration, the total surrender - to God, to life, to love.

I can see us, all of us, one by one, as we let go of what holds us down, surrendering to the powerful draw of God's love, lifting up toward the brightest light our hearts can ever imagine, continuing upwards,  breathless, filled, transformed, utterly beyond bliss - all together flowing into God's unimaginably beautiful love and light.

Ultimate surrender.

These lyrics to Exhale, a beautiful song by Plumb, touched me deeply, giving words to what I was feeling, as I also exhaled all that holds, traps, preoccupies my attention.  As I invited the Holy Spirit to breathe even more life into my heart, I inhaled more of God consciousness and love. 

Totally beautiful, beyond words, yet words opened my heart to the awareness, consciousness, surrendering my entire being to this vastly beautiful experience. 

We are all here together, glowing brighter as we draw closer to God's light, all in love, ascending together, all in love which is itself the most beautiful love song ever sung, a profound  rhapsody to God's love, which loves us completely as we surrender and draw closer to it.


Just let go let His love wrap around you
And hold you close
Get lost in the surrender
Breathe it in until your heart breaks
Then exhale
Exhale

Oh God We breathe in your grace
We breathe in your grace
And exhale
Oh God we do not exist for us
But to share Your grace and love
And exhale

No comments:

Post a Comment