Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Prayers for peace in our hearts



Thaddeus sent the following prayers from St. Francis de Sales to uplift, inspire and remind us of the peace of God, in whom we "live and move and have our being." I am grateful for his love and wisdom. 


Thank you, Thaddeus!

The Prayer of St. Francis de Sales


Be at Peace
Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life;
rather look to them with full hope as they arise.
God, whose very own you are,
will deliver you from out of them.
He has kept you hitherto,
and He will lead you safely through all things;
and when you cannot stand it,
God will bury you in his arms.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same everlasting Father who cares for you today
will take care of you then and everyday.
He will either shield you from suffering,
or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace,
and put aside all anxious thoughts and imagination.

and another prayer from this great man:

I am yours,
and I must belong to no one but you.
My soul is yours,
and must live only by you.
My will is yours,
and must love only for you.
I must love you as my first cause,
since I am from you.
I must love you as my end and rest,
since I am for you.
I must love you more than my own being,
since my being subsists by you.
I must love you more than myself,
since I am all yours and all in you.


St. Francis de Sales 1567-1622


About the above photo:

Cross Appears During Lent as a Sign of God's Love

Since 2005 a cross with an outline of a shield has appeared annually on my property in Mine Hill, NJ. Sunrays are shining on the fence and creating the image of a cross. This image has been showing up every morning since last week. The image appears at the top of the fence and slowly descends until it touches the ground. It then changes into a cricle and disappears. The cross can be seen for about 30 minutes.
In John 3:21, it says: "But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
I'll be posting more photographs on my website and blog at the following links:
In Psalm 84:11, it says, “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.”
Interestingly, this is the Lenten season, a time of spiritual renewal for Catholics and many Christians as we prepare for Easter.
Jesus said in John 12:46, "I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness."
My wife had her cousin Diane visit our home with her family on Saturday, March 26th. Her cousin's daughter, Brooke stayed overnight. The cross appeared Sunday morning and she is standing next to the image in awe. Brooke said, "It looks like Jesus."
I believe that God has opened the windows of heaven and is pouring out the Holy Spirit on our world. Joel 2:28 says, "...I will pour out my Spirit on all people..."
Copyright 2011 Loci B. Lenar
www.christian-miracles.com







No comments:

Post a Comment